Free Eyebrow Threading at Lay Bare Waxing Salon

by - March 04, 2018



It’s a universal fact that eyebrows are our most important facial feature. Having good eyebrows is an inexpensive way to look great. Also, you can go out without makeup at all if you have your brows shaped properly.

As a grade schooler back then, my eyebrows are one of my biggest insecurities. I felt that it was too thick. Not until when everyone adores thick brows and that’s when I realized my brows are just okay and not too thick at all. I want it to be thicker though.
My friend, Joyce, and I never had our brows done before. We were planning on having them shaped but couldn’t proceed with doing so because we were looking for a perfect salon to have them done. We didn’t wanna have them ruined by choosing a wrong place. I discovered Lay Bare from blog reviews saying that they do offer great service for a cheap price. Perfect for students like us! Their eyebrow threading is only Php 110! Weeks went by before I read somewhere that they have a birth month promo.

"Birthday promo: The client may get 15% discount for cash or on card transactions during the whole birthday month and may avail of ONE (1) Complimentary Eyebrow Threading Service (w/o any purchase requirement). This discount can only be availed upon presentation of a valid picture I.D. with birth date info.
 Let me stress this: ONE (1) Complimentary Eyebrow Threading Service (w/o any purchase requirement) on your birthday month."

Lucky us it’s still February! My birthday was the 2nd and Joyce’ was the 3rd. Yas, almost birthday twins! We decided we’d avail the promo but were hesitant at first because of all the what-ifs in our head.


What if it’s not free at all?

What if they accidentally ruin our brows because they’ll do it only for free?

What if they charge us?

What if there’s a purchase required to be able to avail that promo?

What if it’s only available for their cardholders?


To answer all these what ifs, I emailed them, messaged them and even texted them. All of their response leads to the answer “Yes, free!” And so we went to their Don Antonio, Commonwealth branch.

Upon reaching the said branch, I talked to their staff regarding the promo and that I emailed them asking if it’s possible to bring a birth certificate and ID with a photo instead of two IDs with photo and birth date indicated and they said yes. She made us fill up two forms and input our information their system. They also checked if it’s legit our birth month.
Ms. Jen was the one who did my brows. She told me, “Nako makapal yung strands, medyo masakit ha.” (Oh, the strands are thick, it might hurt a bit, okay?) and then proceeded. While threading my brows, she was talking to me I got so comfortable I shared a few stories. She responded to each of my questions and provided short but detailed explanations on how brow things work and it was helpful to me since this was the first time I had my brows be fixed. The process last about less than five minutes.

Though they did not really shape our brows but only cleaned it. We were truly satisfied with what they did to us given the fact that it was only free! The staffs were very accommodating and the place has a friendly ambiance. Joyce was assisted by Ms. Jo, which she told me was very kind and responsive to her as well. Thank you for a great experience, Lay Bare! We’ll definitely come back. 

Have you tried their services? Let me know in the comments below!

Love, Mika.

You May Also Like

0 comments